15.5 oz. (1 package) Hurst's Red Curry Lentils
2 - 3 tbsp. cooking oil
1 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 6 -oz can tomato paste (optional)
1 cup diced potato (optional)
1 can coconut milk (14 oz.)
Hurst red curry spice packet (comes with lentils)
7 cups of vegetable broth and/or potato water, or water
chopped fresh basil or cilantro or parsley
minced red onions
cooked wheat berries
cooked chick peas
left over mashed potatoes
- Rinse lentils thoroughly with cold water.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed, pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion
and garlic in the cooking oil.
- When onion becomes translucent (4-5 minutes), add lentils and water
plus, if using, the optional tomato paste and or potato.
- Stir periodically until mixture reaches a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in coconut milk and contents of seasoning
packet. Simmer mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Note: For extra heat, add 1 tsp. cayenne or crush red pepper.
Sweet coconut milk and authentic spicy curry seasoning
make this one of Hurst's most flavorful recipes. Add ground cayenne for