14 ounces fresh pork sausages from Simmons Farm, casings removed
4 cups (packed) watercress tops, divided
8 ounces Narragansett Creamery Ricotta
8 5- to 6-inch-diameter pita breads
1 sweet yellow pepper, cut into thin rings
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Sauté chorizo in large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer chorizo to sieve set over bowl and drain. Mix 2 1/2 cups watercress and ricotta in medium bowl.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each pita with oil. Grill, oiled side down, until bottom is just crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to work surface, grilled side up.
- Cover each pita bread with cheese mixture, chorizo, and several sweet pepper rings, dividing equally.
Source: Narragansett Creamery. Taste the Ocean State.Dearborn Street, Providence, RI, 02909 Tel: 401-272-4944 Email email@example.com