[Pasta] [Italian] [Lee's Recipes]
Bobby Valastro's Rigatoni al Vodka does not have any vodka! It does have lots of heavy cream, whipped to give more body to the sauce. See VIDEO (opens in a separate window).
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
6 slices prociutto or pancetta, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pound rigatoni pasta
1 cup heavy cream
Few basil leaves
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Heat a few drizzles of oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the prosciutto and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute. Add the tomatoes and sugar and cook for about 15 minutes.
- To the boiling water, add a handful of salt and the rigatoni. Cook until al dente.
- Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and whip with a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Fold it gently into the tomato sauce.
- Drain the rigatoni and add to the sauce. Mix to combine and season, if needed.
- Add the basil and serve immediately.
December 6, 2011
Source: Buddy Valastro's Family Recipes make the perfect family meal
video on line at http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/detail/2445/buddy-valastros-family-recipes/
Recipe posted at http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/rigatoni-alla-vodka-recipe.htm