Seared Scallops with Chimichurri
[Oranges] [Scallops] [Orange Chili Butter] [Lemon Butter Scallops] [Limes] [Collections] [Fish and Seafood] [Make] [Lee's Recipes]
Featured in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser on January 14, 2015. [Recipe Links Hawaii Electric]
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup fresh mint
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
8 large sea scallops, cut in half crosswise
Salt & pepper to taste
- In food processor, combine all dressing ingredients except for oil. Pulse until combined. With processor running, slowly add oil; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet, over medium-high.
- Place half the scallops in the hot pan, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper; sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Set seared scallops on a serving platter and repeat with remaining scallops, adding the remaining oil to the pan.
- Drizzle seared scallops with chimichurri dressing. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving:
160 calories, 11 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 10 g protein
Source: "Seared Scallops with Chimichurri" from Hawaiian Electric
online at https://www.hawaiianelectric.com/recipes/find-a-recipe/seared-scallops-with-chimichurri accessed April 11, 2017
created April 11, 2017; updated April 12, 2017