The ultimate flatbread, pizza (derived from Greek pita) is distinguished by gluten and yeast. Here are pizzas, plain, fancy, with tomatoes, and anchovies and other good stuff. Our whole family makes pizza. Lee started pizza making in Chicago in the 60's. We had pizza parties where guests garnished their own. Today Big Bruce makes pizza and focaccia, Sean makes very fine new wave pizzas and Maddie is making pizzas in the Neapolitan style modeled after pizza of the A16 restaurant.
- Marilyn Jeanne's Perfect Pizza Using King Arthur's Sir Lancelot flour and the recipe from "A16 Food and Wine" cookbook by Nate Appleman and Sarah Lindgren, Maddie has duplicated authentic Neapolitan pizza.
- Big Bruce's Pizzas and Focaccia
- Sean's Pizza - slides of Sean making pizza in Newport
- Perfect Pizza Tips - the key is the crust!
- Pizza, History and Development posted on Last Plane to Djakarta Forums
- Focaccia includes Big Bruce's Focaccia with Rosemary and Black Olives
- Golden Focaccia and Light Focaccia from King Arthur Flour
- White Whole Wheat Pizza Dough for pizzas and focaccias with King Arthur flour
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough for pizzas and focaccias with King Arthur flour
- Basic Pizza Dough from Pizza Plus by Vincenzo Buonassisi posted at "The Artisan"
Perfect Pizza [Top]
The key to great pizza is the crust! Carmelo Guzzo, Pizzaiolo at Il Ripiglio in Salerno, emphasizes that both the dough and the oven temperature are very important. For the dough, use the best ingredients and do not overwork the dough with automatic mixers. If the mixer is set too fast, the dough gets warm and the consistency will be very poor. When an oven is too hot, the pizza gets burned. This will not be a problem in a home oven. When the oven is not hot enough, water will not vaporize and the pizza doesn't get soft. Oven temperature in a home oven should be about 500 degrees and always use a stone. Lastly, do not overload your pizza with ingredients. If you use mozzarella, use very little. The dryer, the better.
Use good flour with high protein. Maddie uses King Arthur's Sir Lancelot Hi-Gluten Flour which has 14% protein. Other possibilities are King Arthur Italian-Style Flour and Caputo 00 Antimo Pizza Flour.
At minimum of 24-hour rising time is absolutely essential for pizza dough to develop its signature texture and, more importantly, its unique flavor!
Good Pizza Recipes:
- Neapolitan Pizza Dough from a NASA Engineer by Coye Jones
- Pizza Napolitana from various authors
- Pizza Margherita from Cooks Illustrated
- Pizza Regina from La Osteria, Italian restaurant near Ottawa
- Pizza Ortolana from La Osteria, Italian restaurant near Ottawa
- Pizza Quattro Formaggi from La Osteria, Italian restaurant near Ottawa
- Grilled Pizza al Forno from JoAnn Killeen
- Easy Summer Grilled Pizza from NetMan
- Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- Spinach Feta Personal Healthy Pizza from Spark People
- Pizzas from San Franciscos A16 Restaurant southern Italian at its best
- Neapolitan-Style Pizza from A16 Restaurant in San Francisco
- Pizza Bianca from A16 Restaurant in San Francisco
- Pizza Pomodoro with Ricotta from A16 Restaurant in San Francisco
- Ricotta Pizza from Narragansett Creamery in Providence, Rhode Island
- Amy Scherber's Thin-crusted Pizza
- Pesto Pizza with Roasted Garlic and Tomato
- California Thin-crusted Pizza
- Piadina from Pizza, Anyway You Slice It
- Pizza Arugula from Gourmet, includes dough
- Pizza DeJulio from Gourmet, includes dough and sauce
- Pizza Pro Recipes from http://pizzapro.com/recipes.html
- Pizza with Peppered Shrimp, Canadian Bacon, Mushrooms, and Feta Cheese from The Wine Lover's Cookbook by Sid Goldstein Page 45
- Garlic Herb Pizza Dough
- Clam Pizza with Quahogs
- New Haven-Style White Clam and Garlic Pizza from Jamie Purviance
- Thin-Crusted Pizzas with Grilled Onions and Black Olives from Weber’s Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance
- DaMichele a Napoli - Naples best pizzeria
- Pizza Rustica with ham and eggs
- Lahmajoon, Armenian "Pizza"
See also Pizza Neopolitana fatto a mano, mio modo by Michel Suas which includes recipe and photos
Pizza Making.com, the Home for Pizza Lovers and Pizza Makers: Forum: login: member eileenvideo
Pizza Making Glossary imported from Pizza Making.com
- Jamie Oliver's Calzone with zucchini, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, Parma ham, cheese and basil.
ewestgate last updated April 2, 2012