Curried Mussels en Papillote
[Ethnic] [Lee's Recipes]
grams (1 to 1 1/2 lbs.) mussels, cleaned
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
4 pieces of red chili
A pinch of asafetida powder
1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
1 cup of grated coconut
1 red onion, chopped
salt to taste
parchment paper or aluminum foil
- In a saute pan, with vegetable oil, over medium heat, fry the whole
red chilies and coriander seeds until fragrant.
- Add the grated coconut along with all the remaining ingredients then
pulse in a food processor into fine paste.
- Spread out a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the
mussels on it.
- Scatter the paste mixture on top of the mussels and fold up to cover
the mussels twist and crumple the edges to seal the contents inside.
- Place on a baking pan and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until mussels
- Serve immediately
Source: Cooking the World blog "Curried Mussels en Papillote" http://cookingworld1.blogspot.com/2012/03/curried-mussels-en-papillote.html