- About Couscous: Description, History, Cooking Methods, Books
- About Couscous description and history of the couscous pasta - "granular semolina"
- Couscousier - the special pot for cooking couscous; what it looks like, how you use it; the best kind to buy.
- Preparing Couscous in a couscousier; alternative method without a couscousier; instant couscous.
- Steamed Couscous. from Martha Rose Schulman
- Cookbooks North African and Couscous
- Couscous Recipes
- Couscous Bytfaya a light Moroccan couscous with onions, raisins, chickpeas and lamb; see also Leek Salad and Berber Flatbread
- Chicken Couscous with carrots, zucchini, turnips, and chickpeas from "Arab Bites"
- Whole-Wheat Couscous with Nectarines and Pistachios
- Tunisian Chicken Couscous Anne Barone's recipe with onion, garlic, zucchini, carrots, celery, turnip, potato, winter squash, cilantro, thyme and tomato paste; includes detailed directions on preparing couscous grain in couscousier and with ordinary pots
- Tunisian Couscous with chicken, fish, or lamb, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, onion, and chick-peas, and spiced with cayenne.
- Couscous à la viande Tunisien Recettes Tunisiennes en français.
- Aromatic Couscous with cinnamon, cumin and raisins
- Sahdia's Tunisian Couscous with lamb, potato, turnip and carrots, and artichoke stems.
- Tunisian Couscous with Lamb and butternut squash
- Fish Couscous with Harissa from Tunisia's Island of Djerba
- Algerian Couscous all about the manufacture of home made couscous in high in the Atlas mountains in Frikat, Algeria. (New York Times article)
- Couscous Marrakesh with Lamb and Chicken and green beans, squash
- Couscous with Carrot and Thyme delicious fast vegetarian couscous using instant couscous
- Couscous Salad with shrimp, asparagus, and tomato
Lee's Vegetarian Couscous - Tunisian Sahdia style
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables from Bobby Flay
- Couscous alla Trapanese Sicilian version popular in Erice with fish (in italiano)
- Cherry Tomato Couscous vegetarian
Couscous With Fennel, Chickpeas and Chard from Rose Shulman
Heidi Swanson's Couscous Soup, an example of today's non-traditional couscous
Sardinian Risotto-Style Fregula with Mushrooms, Abbamele, and Goat Cheese (Fregula kin Antunna e Crapinu) fregula, a small, toasted semolina pasta, can be substituted with Israeli couscous
- African Lamb Couscous from Mauritania includes turnip, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, tomato, and pumpkin.
- Harissa and North African Spice Recipes
- Harissa two versions of harissa with red chili peppers, caraway, cumin, coriander seeds, garlic, and olive oil (Tunisian Harissa from Lonely Planet is included)
- Blue Room Harissa with dried red and Ancho chilis, red bell peppers, garlic, cumin and black caraway seeds, and olive oil
- Harissa with Red Bell Peppers, Red Chile Peppers, tomato, and lemon juice
- Harissa (with mild and hot Mexican chilies , sun-dried tomato, garlic, coriander seed, and caraway) especially for fish couscous; includes recipe for Harissa Table Sauce
- Paula Wolfert's Harissa with Roasted Red Pepper, Ancho, Guajillo, and Chipotle Peppers, dried New Mexico Green Chiles, Garlic, Coriander, Caraway and Olive Oil; great on fish.
- Basic Harissa with New Mexico, Guajillo and Chipotle chiles from Amy Scatterbook, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
- Tomato-Pepper Harissa with sun-dried tomatoes and red bell pepper (based on Basic Harissa)
- Ras al Hanout Greg Malouf's recipe for Moroccan spice mixture: coriander, cumin, paprika, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, and more.
- North African Recipes
- North African Cuisine - Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria
- Fish Filets With Harissa And Black Olives from Paula Wolfert
- Maccouda baked potatoes, onions, and eggs from Paula Wolfert
- Hlehem ( Tunisian Vegetable and Bean Soup)
- Maasems "Fatima's Little Fingers" - eggs, chicken, cheese wrapped and fried.
- Leek Salad marinated in white vinegar and Dijon mustard
- Berber Flatbread made of semolina flour, eggs and olive oil and cooked on the stove top
- Seven Vegetable Tagine with Chickpeas and Raisins from Morocco
- Tajine, Tchicha and Sellou
- Oudnin El Kadhi (Tunisienne)
- Spices for Shawarma: Ras al Hanout and Harissa
- Khobz El Dar (Algerian Semolina Bread)
July 24, 2012